MCM ceramic 39" blue ombre electric lamp id help please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Connie Gordon, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Connie Gordon

Connie Gordon Member

Hi, when I did a google lens on this lamp, it took me to one identical, said it was a rembrandt, but when I clicked on the website (1stdibs), this particular lamp was no where to be found, so I don't know if it had already sold or what. I cannot find any other information, my husband and I both have been searching. And I wonder what shipping method I could use so as not to have a $100 shipping charge.

The auctioneer id'd this as art deco, but we believe it is more mid century-70's. Does anybody have any clues about this lamp? The black base seems to be metal. It has a little bit of crazing in the ceramic part. bluelampct.jpg

2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I don't see MCM on this at all, though I suppose mid-20th century is a possibility. MCM is a specific style that was popular during the mid-20th century, but not everything made in that time period is MCM.
    I really can't tell much from the photo provided but my first impression would've been 1990s... but WDIK. What sort of cord/plug does it have? (Though that could have been replaced.)

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

pearlsnblume and Bakersgma like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

According to the internet, Rembrandt Lamp Corporation bought the Colonial Premier Lamp Corporation in 1955.

Debora

pearlsnblume likes this.
  6. Connie Gordon

Connie Gordon Member

THANK YOU so much!! You have helped me tremendously. I posted this to a few different boards in case one forum didn't have any answers.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  7. Connie Gordon

Connie Gordon Member

I forgot to say, I can see that our lamp has been altered, it does have a newer cord. The top part is missing on our lamp and we have a different socket. Maybe someone chose to do all this to the lamp to make it work,

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It would be helpful if you posted photographs of both alterations.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted