Matte glaze pottery mini vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by UncleChuckTX, Oct 1, 2019.

1. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

Anyone have any ideas on this small vase? I looked around for a similar glaze and shape, but found nothing. It's 4.25" tall, 3.25" diameter. I can't make out any marking on the base. The inside is fully glazed, but I couldn't get my camera flash to show it in the second picture.

Thanks!

IMG_3843.JPG
    IMG_3847.JPG
    IMG_3850.JPG
    IMG_3851.JPG

scoutshouse and aaroncab like this.
  2. UncleChuckTX

Here's the full-size close-up of just the base. I think the little lines toward the edge at 5:30 are not intentional (but could be wrong).

IMG_3849.JPG

dgbjwc, scoutshouse and aaroncab like this.
  3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It's in Gifford's Niloak book, says bud vase 4 1/4", in blue. Yours looks like Ozark Dawn II.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I thought that glaze combo looked familiar! Good job, Janet!

UncleChuckTX and dgbjwc like this.
  5. UncleChuckTX

Thanks so much for finding that. I wouldn't have guessed Niloak. Most of the examples I've seen have the bright white clay. The bottom of this one is so messy I can't determine the clay color.

PortableTreasures likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted