Mason’s question

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mrs G, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Mrs G

Mrs G New Member

IMG_2512.jpeg IMG_2511.jpeg
    Hopefully the photos came through this time. Can anyone tell me if this is an authentic Mason’s piece? I’m helping my sister in law with her mom’s estate and would like to identify real vs reproductions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
  2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I'm not aware that Mason's ever was faked. They weren't exactly a high-end manufacturer. (I'm assuming we're talking about the English Mason's pottery.)

komo's helpful photo advice:

For Future reference, when posting images:

Each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB....
    There are instructions on site here on how to reduce the size of your image, if that is the problem......you are allowed up to 10 images per post!!! Here are some links to the instructions:

Try emailing them to yourself as "medium" size, they should then be under 1 MB!

If on the computer:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

If on an iPhone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

And if on an Android phone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/using-an-android-phone-for-pics-on-antiquers.41709/

As an added note, when you have your photos LISTED, BUT BEFORE you hit POST, please click on the wording that says to "INSERT EVERY IMAGE AS FULL IMAGE" !! That way, we're not clicking on little thumbnails, but get to see all of the images full sized!! Thanks! Remember, it takes a bit for MOST new members to get the hang of it, but it's really quite simple once you get used to it!!!" If you still have questions, DON'T hesitate to ASK!!!!

3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Your photos were in the Gallery which hardly anyone uses.
    I've cropped and resized them for you and put them here.

IMG_2511.jpeg
    IMG_2512.jpeg

IMG_2513.jpeg

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Your pictures are in the Gallery. To embed them in this thread, use the little camera icon in the reply toolbar,

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. Mrs G

Mrs G New Member

Thank you

Any Jewelry likes this.
  6. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
    Figtree3, John Brassey, Mrs G and 3 others like this.
  7. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

It’s not a valuable piece at all and 20th century Masons sells for little but I disagree that Masons was not a high end pottery. Their early pieces are highly sought after. A pair of ice pails in imari colours sold at auction for £5,400 plus commissions- ten years ago but still an important factory for early pieces

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted