Marking on Clear Glass Mug with Embossed Rooster

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Danijela Pope, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Danijela Pope

Danijela Pope Vintage Antique Addict

Hello friends, would anyone be able to help me out with the maker of this clear glass mug. It has a square handle, as you can see, embossed rooster on it and on the bottom number 4, heart, and the letter H as you can see. Any direction is greatly appreciated! IMG_9144 copy.jpg IMG_9146 copy.jpg IMG_9148 copy.jpg IMG_9151 copy.jpg

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Is the handle added on? Check on the inside, if they is a slight dimple where the hand is attached it was molded. If it is smooth the handle was applied.
    greg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. Danijela Pope

Wow, it does have a dimple. I sure learned something new today! Awesome!
    What about the marking on bottom, it looks lika a heart??? Any info?
    Appreciate your response.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Not that I have any idea myself, but any chance this is Italian?

Danijela Pope likes this.
  5. Danijela Pope

I am not an expert and have went through my markings with depression glass, nothing matches. Taking into consideration what Gregsglass mentioned, it is most likely art glass maker. Nicely crafted and definitely different. Thanks for your input!

6. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

This has been bothering me since it first appeared. Nothing constructive to add, however.

The handle is very similar to the handles on Libby's machine made wares. The dimple inside the handle first reminded me of this. Then the number 4 on the bottom suggested that there were at least four of these molds made. And they probably were run on an automatic machine, but not in the US of A, or they would have been more common.

One of the two marks on the bottom probably represents the manufacturer, the other possibly the customer.

Danijela Pope likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted