Marcelle Armstrong watercolours

Discussion in 'Art' started by Johan Derkesen, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Hello again,

Anyone familiar with this artist? I googled her but nothing came up.
    It's signed and dated 1928. It measures 32 x 15 cm.

Sier-76371023-Aquarel Marcelle Armstrong-4.jpg Sier-76371023-Aquarel Marcelle Armstrong AnsJas-2-2.jpg Sier-76371023-Aquarel Marcelle Armstrong AnsJas-5.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Sunday painter imho

Bakersgma likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree. I have several very adequately painted from between mid-1890's and WWI, by a relative by marriage who managed a store at a train station during the week and painted on the weekend. There are apparently lots of those people.

4. Yes I suppose you are right. Thank you. But I don't care. It's in a lovely old frame and I'm going to hang it on the wall.

yourturntoloveit and judy like this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

And I'm glad you're doing that, Johan!

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  6. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Where was this painting found? Country, continent, state -- whatever geographic info you're comfortable giving.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  7. I have no idea where it came from originally. My grandmother got it as a gift from a rich dutch family where she did the household. Sorry.

8. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Sometimes knowing where a piece was last found (where your grandmother lived when she received it) can make a difference to identifying an artist (particularly a hobbyist).

Paintings move around, it's true, but they don't always move as far as you'd think. ;)

9. My mother's family lived in Zutphen in the Mid-East of the Netherlands.

Draft saved Draft deleted