Marc Chagall Print Professionally Framed w/German(?) Language Label On Back?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jul 27, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this today at a local thrift store. The deep colors were what attracted me to it, but I might have left it because I come across a lot of Chagall prints & most aren't lithos or other higher end prints; but this one has a label on the lower back that appears to be in German - is this about this print & if so is it special in any way? Or is it just talking about the original Chagall painting this print was made after?

I thought that because it was professionally framed & the label added, that it was worth buying & then checking here to see if there was anything special about it?
    Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

ART PRINT CHAGALL GERMAN LABEL 1AA.JPG ART PRINT CHAGALL GERMAN LABEL 2AA.JPG ART PRINT CHAGALL GERMAN LABEL 3AA.JPG ART PRINT CHAGALL GERMAN LABEL 4AA.JPG

reader and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  2. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Terrific, decorative value only image IMO. Open ended signed in plate litho. IMO tag adds no value but does give info. Again, JMO.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Agree. Nice decorative picture

reader and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. journeymagazine

What are the 2 cities(?) about at bottom with dates?

5. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

Those are copyright notices with company/copyright owner names and likely the city where each company is headquartered.

reader likes this.
  6. journeymagazine

7. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Bruckmann KG is the publisher and VG Bild-Kunst a nonprofit copyright administrator that collected any profit of the sale of the print and distributed it to the heirs or legal holders of the copyright.

reader likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted