Made In Japan Porcelain Mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by cxgirl, May 28, 2017.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Hi,
    This is on a cup and saucer, I'm trying to figure out the maker. I've checked on Gotheborg and did an image search but coming up empty.
    Any information appreciated
    thanks for looking
    18816075_298186917299085_1285508392_n.jpg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Do you have a picture showing the whole cup and saucer? Just on the off chance the pattern or shape might be helpful.
    Don

cxgirl likes this.
  3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Sorry Don, I don't have one, it came out blurry. I'll try and get one today.

4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

@dgbjwc sorry for the delay, here are some photos. I've never seen a cup and saucer like this before 18816199_298742987243478_1991654137_n.jpg 18788181_298742850576825_1585288781_n.jpg

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's very elegant ....in a pompous kinda way...!:pompous::pompous:

Heironymous and cxgirl like this.
  6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    komokwa likes this.
  7. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

bumping this up

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Not too much to add really. It was probably produced in the 1950's -1960's which was when these items were most popular. Once the dishwasher came into wide use these cups and saucers fell out of favor as the finish could not survive that type of harsh environment. They have some value as collectibles but don't go for high prices. Identifying the exact manufacturer and/or exact date of production would not help the value much if at all. These are not hard to find and are collected primarily for their decorative value. Hope this helps.
    Don

cxgirl likes this.
  9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Thanks Don!

pearlsnblume and dgbjwc like this.
  10. Suzanne Catron

Suzanne Catron New Member

I have the same issue. Does anyone have the answer on the makers mark?

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted