Made in Austria

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Antiques Remembered, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Antiques Remembered

Antiques Remembered A masterpiece trying to master peace

Anybody have any ideas what these are? What they're worth? Or any info at all would be great! Ty! I can't find much on them. Bigger one is about 1" tall almost 2" wide. Other 2 are 1/4 of an inch tall 1/2 inch wide.

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Please go back and edit your photos to the full image option and always do this for all your photos. :)

Christmasjoy, Aquitaine and Lucille.b like this.
  3. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

The bigger one at 2" wide is probably a napkin ring but the others at 1/2" wide, I have no idea.

4. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

5. lauragarnet

6. Antiques Remembered

Thank you, when I try to do that it tells me file not found or image too big so I get it on here anyway I can.

Christmasjoy and lauragarnet like this.
  7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Thanks Laura (and King!) :)

Also, very nice enamel ...napkin rings?

8. Antiques Remembered

No need to open thumbnails if you don't want to just keep scrolling
    No not magnets. I was told by the person I got them from his mother used them to put crystal eggs on them. But didn't find much when I searched for that. I also thought the large one to be a napkin holder but the two small ones are far too tiny for that but could be rings, so maybe they look similar but are not related at all, as far as function.

9. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

I was wondering if the larger one is a bangle bracelet, but I would expect the width to be closer to 2-1/2" rather than 2" (unless it was quite a bit older than it appears to be).

10. tie.dye.cat

deleted - wrong name

Antiques Remembered likes this.
  11. lauragarnet

Heehee :joyful: I meant does a magnet stick to them, to find out if the metal they are made of attracts a magnet.

The little ones are probably rings for fingers.
    I didn't sort the whole thing out, but the label on your items indicates they are "early Michaela Frey", so research that angle.
    My computer is a slow old thing. You can probably zip around the internet researching Michaela Frey and sold prices of her stuff alot faster than I can.:);)
    Michaela Frey rings

12. Antiques Remembered

Lol...I should have specified, I know what you meant, no they are not magnetic in any way. Thank you for the info!! I will look it up.

Christmasjoy and tie.dye.cat like this.
  13. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi AR, and WELCOME if I haven't already done so!!! Here's a quick tutorial to help with uploading your images hopefully!! Please don't hesitate to ask for help, there are also others most willing to!!! Good luck!!

zTutorialForIMAGES2.jpg

14. Antiques Remembered

Thank you so much for the info, I am new, so not 100% on how things work, compared to other sites this one is not the most mobile friendly. Thank you again, I appreciate it.

15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

That may be.....but compared to other sites this one is way more person friendly.
    :happy:

16. tie.dye.cat

Amen to that! Some of the old ebay boards were okay, but others were sometimes shark tanks, especially to newbies!

And then there was having to deal with the resident derelict, deepseashadow. :heads to shower to wash myself off after having typed that name:

17. tie.dye.cat

BTW, Welcome Antiques Remembered!

18. Antiques Remembered

That is very true!!! Very nice helpful people around here!

19. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Oh....& we love cats...........pretty girls too....but not as much as cats !!!

Bawhahaha!!!!!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

All Puss-Cat......all the time !!!!!

puss2.jpg

20. Antiques Remembered

❤️

Christmasjoy, lauragarnet and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted