Louis Vuitton purse

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Tricia Harr, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Tricia Harr

Tricia Harr Well-Known Member

Hello again, is anyone an expert on louis vuitton purses? I picked 1 up last year at an estate sale and had it packed away.. there is a serial number inside. any ideas if this is a real or knock off?
    TIA 2019-04-16-09-40-54.jpg 2019-04-16-09-41-20.jpg 2019-04-16-09-41-33.jpg 2019-04-16-09-41-54.jpg 2019-04-16-09-42-02.jpg 2019-04-16-09-42-11.jpg 2019-04-16-09-42-19.jpg

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That doesn't look good, Trica, but I'm no expert. There's a very knowledgable group on designer bags over at the eBay Fashion forum (under Discussions.) I suggest you try there if no one can help you here.

Debora

3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The stitching color looks funny, but this a photo so....

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  5. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Sorry to say that’s a really bad counterfeit. Vuitton is beautifully made and has some definite rules that never vary. The first is that they have never used pig as a lining (or other) material. That’s enough right there. Their monogram has a subtle black linear pattern through it to help (no longer sadly) stop counterfeiters. The edgestain (the red) is always beautifully applied and is never a thick smeary mess that spills onto the leather (yours looks synthetic on my screen) trim. The font is not correct on the heatstamp.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    judy, Any Jewelry, Jivvy and 3 others like this.
  6. Tricia Harr

Tricia Harr Well-Known Member

Thank you so much

judy and reader like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

8. reader

reader Well-Known Member

@komokwa
    Please don’t take those guides as correct. You’ve helped so many (including me) on ethnic pieces and your knowledge is amazing. I love reading your contributions on anything tribal or ethnic but those internet guides on Vuitton are pretty worthless and contain tons of misinformation.

I can’t deal with getting into it but I know Vuitton. Right off the top, “no stitching cuts through the LVs and lining can never be brown” according to one that you posted. 3B46FED9-4A45-4DDB-AB98-7FB4AAED126F.jpeg 5B5A1950-032F-49CE-8CF7-9A7252E89B9A.jpeg Well excusssse me as I guess I should toss my luggage. There are few fast rules for Vuitton. There are so many exceptions. Here’s my authentic vintage cosmetic bag. It’s American Vuitton but Vuitton none the less.

Don’t use those guides people.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    judy and komokwa like this.
  9. komokwa

OK...I took the GUIDE out.......but u copied it...so I can't change that !!

The other two links , are I believe authentic bags....like the one I've shown to compare with the OP's bag.

If u know me ...then you know my tag line used to say...
    " I'm always willing to be proven wrong"
    & don't mind in the least when someone with better knowledge....... jumps up and down on my toes !!! :eek::eek::playful::playful::playful::playful::playful:
    My pride heals rapidly !!!:happy:

Thank you for your kind words.......& Schooling me !!!:)

all_fakes, judy, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  10. reader

reader Well-Known Member

You’ve schooled me far more lol but I definitely hate those internet guides on luxury label authentications. Most of them contain numerous mistakes and people who buy secondary market items can get ripped by putting too much faith in them and conversely miss out on great buys on items others think are fake.

all_fakes, judy, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  11. reader

reader Well-Known Member

I removed it too. After quickly finding those two errors I didn’t read any further.

judy, kyratango and komokwa like this.
  12. komokwa

I'll think twice about putting one of those up again.........;) :( :happy::happy::happy::happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted