Lot of lace and embroidered hankies or napkins...

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by kentworld, Jul 18, 2024.

1. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

My mother loved nice linens and all sorts of needle work and was keen to buy bits and pieces from antique shows, etc. My daughter recently moved house and had a bag of hankies or small napkins that she wondered if I wanted. I expect my Mom passed them on to her as a sort of memento or bit of legacy. In my mother's world, everyone should have some pretty things! Not my daughter's thing, nor mine particularly (although I inherited lots from my Mom and my mother in law) so I usually offer these to friends who can use them in their fabric works (one friend makes art dolls and another aprons that they embellish or decorate with bits of old linens, doilies, etc.). However, there is a sample of Honiton lace and one piece that looks like some handmade lace. Is there anything worthwhile enough that I shouldn't offer to my friends?

hankies.jpg hankies 1.jpg hankies 2.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted