Losol Ware Ashley Pattern

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Iggy and Alice, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Iggy and Alice

Iggy and Alice I love my twin!

Can anyone help with the age and value of this Losol Ware Ashley Pattern "gravy bowl?". I am finding every pattern but this one. Stands about 4.5" tall and 7.5" from handle to handle. Has crazing and is numbered in lid 3899. Thanks IMG_20171108_161100.jpg IMG_20171108_161101.jpg IMG_20171108_161118.jpg 1513169124938-1046064760.jpg 1513169153928-1051350210.jpg

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Wonder if notation under the lid doesn't represent the painter who applied the gilt touches? Can't imagine a company using gold paint for a model number.

Suspect a 'Tauren' is really a Tureen.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

All you can do is watch for similar items in sold listings. Even if you find one for sale somewhere, it's only what the seller is hoping to get, not what it's worth.

Bronwen likes this.
  4. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

A propos of almost nothing whatever, that is my all-time favorite shade of blue!

yourturntoloveit and Bronwen like this.
  5. Iggy and Alice

Iggy and Alice I love my twin!

Thank you all. I do agree, it is beautiful, just could not find it or anything close. Thanks again

6. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Over the years I found pieces with numbers in the lids and I think it may be to match the bottoms with the tops after decoration or for inventory purposes. Pretty color.

Draft saved Draft deleted