Looking to identify and find value of Henredon bedroom furniture purchased in 1958

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Tom Wilson, May 18, 2023.

1. Tom Wilson

Tom Wilson New Member

We are looking to find out what series and the value of this bedroom furniture. We believe it was purchased around 1958. Can anyone help to identify this set?

Attached Files:

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Tom! A typical identifier for modern US made furniture is model and serial numbers often stenciled on the back or bottom of major pieces of a set. Have you looked the back of the the high and low chests?

komokwa and Figtree3 like this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Looks more 1960s-70s to me.

bluumz likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It looks more late 60s than late 50s to me too, unless a model number proves me wrong. Maybe even 70s.

As far as values go, locally I'd say $500 for the whole thing if you get lucky and find someone who wants it. Possibly less. It might be different elsewhere.

6. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Henredon is very nice furniture. Certain styles go for big money. It's a matter of finding out which style this furniture is. The photos are awfully small. Can you make them bigger?

komokwa likes this.
  7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Here's what posting them as Full Image rather than Thumbnail will do.

IMG_4750.jpg

Debora

komokwa likes this.
  8. komokwa

is that Tom, taking the photo..?;):playful:

9. Bookahtoo

Thanks Debora - but still too small for my old eyes.

komokwa likes this.
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Just a trial. Agree.

Debora

komokwa likes this.
  11. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Agree, my first impression was 1960s/70s.
    What size is the bed? Unfortunately, no one wants twin or full size beds anymore.

Enlarged, but now more blurry:

Screenshot (192).png Screenshot (193).png Screenshot (195).png Screenshot (194).png Screenshot (196).png

12. komokwa

that's the folks furniture.
    maybe even the grand folks...

13. Tom Wilson

Tom Wilson New Member

It’s a set of 2 twin bed headboards. I will be looking tomorrow for any model or serial numbers. Just want to be sure it’s not something special before it gets sold cheap on Facebook Marketplace. Posted for 600.00 and had many instant responses. After some research it seems some of this furniture is very valuable. Thanks to everyone for their input. Will update when I find some more information.

bluumz likes this.
  14. komokwa

That's the key......... some..... as Book said ....certain styles......

it may be more profitable to sell it off piece by piece .....as finding one person who wants , needs , and can take in the whole set will be nearly impossible , unless they are a dealer...or charity shop.

15. Tom Wilson

Tom Wilson New Member

This is what we found for numbers on the back of the chest and dresser. The chest also shows a vertical number.

IMG_4760.jpeg IMG_4761.jpeg IMG_4762.jpeg
    IMG_4763.jpeg

16. Bookahtoo

Figtree3 and bluumz like this.
  17. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Henredon is very good quality and expensive when new. It brings a slight premium over other used furniture on the secondary market. It really may depend on where you live as to whether or not someone will recognize this. In my semi-rural Midwest location, they wouldn't know Henredon from Sears.

Figtree3, johnnycb09 and bluumz like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted