Looking for Western Stoneware bail crock handles

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by theslamdunkking, Jan 14, 2017.

1. theslamdunkking

theslamdunkking New Member

Hello, I am new here. I have been trying to locate a pair of Western Stoneware crock handles. Does anyone here have any leads on a pair? Thanks for your help!

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

If they're like the 'wire' ones pictured on Ebay, looks like they should be easy enough to make............

3. theslamdunkking

No, the ones on ebay are for Red Wing crocks. The Western ones were different and I am looking for either original or reproduction ones so they match. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread! :)

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

do you have a picture of what we should be looking for?

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

ya...pls show us what to look for.....and maybe post it in the WANTED forum !

6. theslamdunkking

7. theslamdunkking

Thank you. I figured I would post in here since it was the pottery related forum, but since this is my first day on the site, maybe I should have posted in the other.

8. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It's fine posting here.

The wooden handle would be common to any number of pails, buckets, kettles and such. You could search those words or others. You might have to shape the wire yourself, but a heavy wire coat hanger should give you most of it. I'm not coming up with any ideas for the lighter gauge.

Draft saved Draft deleted