Looking for the maker of these terra cotta wall tiles

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by handtohand, Feb 6, 2021.

1. handtohand

handtohand Member

Hello all, I have been trying to identify the maker of these tiles. I believe the mark is one of the chalk horses on the landscape in England and perhaps a “M”. Anyone have an idea? Thanks!
    82938DE1-AD0A-48F8-9D78-D40A3DF0EDD4.jpeg 1106E268-1E8B-41EF-AE35-028DE24AABBC.jpeg

Any Jewelry and ritzyvintage like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Uffington horse, etc.
    Maybe @Ownedbybear knows the mark.:)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    i need help likes this.
  3. ritzyvintage

ritzyvintage Well-Known Member

i need help likes this.
  4. handtohand

handtohand Member

5. handtohand

handtohand Member

Yes, I think it is the Uffingdon horse.

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Uffington, rather than with a D. Vale of the White Horse and all that. I love that horse.

There's quite a few local potteries in that area. I think that the M is meant to resemble the hills. I'd try this on the British Studio Potters Facebook group, someone will know straight off.

Any Jewelry and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I thought it was with a t, but google contradicted me, as they do. I thought, what do I know....

Corrected it.:)

Ownedbybear likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted