Looking for some help identifying the art pieces I have

Discussion in 'Art' started by Do De, Aug 27, 2024.

1. Do De

Do De New Member

IMG_5873.jpg IMG_5874.jpg IMG_5875.jpg IMG_5876.jpg IMG_6027.jpg IMG_6028.jpg IMG_6029.jpg IMG_6031.jpg IMG_6032.jpg IMG_6033.jpg Hello! Can you please help me to identify who painted these pieces? Or are they just copies? I am having a really hard time identifying who are the authors of these paintings… :)
    I tried in various Facebook groups and some say this is just a cheap factory copy with fictional signatures, and some say it could be worth a penny.

The paintings are 60x80cm, and the frames are bigger. One painting (darker) has a stamp on its back, and the surname appears to be Fluck? And the green one is maybe for Hans Zimbal?

The pieces were bought in Germany and it looks like the views in the paintings are also from Germany. Maybe these are the works of German Kunstmalers (someone who painted to make a living) and the paintings were done between the fifties and the late seventies?

Also found the discussions here: https://www.antiquers.com/threads/a...ead-scratcher-thanks-for-your-thoughts.62577/
    https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/lg-canvas-oil-painting-landscape.359363/ but they did not help much, the only thing that I now know is that the canva for the darker painting was bought from Victoria Maltuch factory ...

I am really lost, so the help would be appreciated here! At least to identify the signatures and the value of these :)

P.S. The darker painting has more strokes than the green one. Also, the green one looks quite old :)

P.P.S Could not attach any more pictures, so I am going with 10 and measurements for the one with the stamp. I can send more pictures via WeTransfer if needed :)

Thank you in advance and looking forward to your insights!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2024
  2. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

Regarding the Maltuch canvas:
    https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/oy3qv-original-oil-painting-viktoria-maltuch.html
    "Viktoria Maltuch was the canvas line produced by A. Schutzmann in the early 20th century"
    "A Schutzmann stopped producing these canvas products in WWII."
    The painting of the person asking the question on that site isn't visible, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar style.
    "So this would date to 1925-1945 most likely and would be European most likely in terms of artist. I cannot make out the signature and cannot find a match with the limited info. The style is a common one and unfortunately we get a large amount of similar submissions of unknown artist thru here on a regular basis and I bring this up to illustrate just how many people are in your shoes and why values are so low because it is such a crowded secondary market. Fair Market Value (what you may see on a typical day at auction) would be $200-500 depending on sales venue and the local market and the best solution is to list it directly yourself online in a market place rather than going the traditional route of auction or consignment"

Any Jewelry and johnnycb09 like this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

These look like decorative paintings to me. Formulaic landscapes of which we see many. Signatures may not represent real people but, even if they do, this is not fine art. Values given above seem a high to me. Here in the Midwest US, I would struggle to get even $100 at retail.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Strongly agree with the above.

Debora

johnnycb09 likes this.
  5. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry and Potteryplease like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tourist paintings......... nice scenic landscapes.......the signature is of no importance.

Any Jewelry, sabre123 and Marote like this.
  7. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Me, three.

Marote, Debora and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted