Looking for information on a small figure

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Martin Eves, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Martin Eves

Martin Eves New Member

I recently found this in a deceased relatives items and have no information on it at all and wondered if you could help. It's a small 3 inch figure in a box of a man in a pink suit. I believe that he should have a cigar but that's really all I know any information would be much appreciated. The colour of the suit is closest to the picture with the black background rather than the white.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    Joshua Brown likes this.
  2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I think this is a novelty item. If you google translate the German, it might be more specific. You place a little rolled up paper that looks like a tiny cigarette in the figure's mouth and light it. Then the figure appears to smoke as tiny puffs of smoke come out its mouth. My dad had one that was a sailor figure.

3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    The black memorabilia crowd will go wild for this figurine. I sold a lot of similar pieces over the years.
    greg

Aquitaine likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME, Martin!!!! VERY NEAT little figure!!!! Just a wee bit of help on posting your pictures....you did great getting them up on the site, but When loading your images, the very top one says "ALL IMAGES - FULL SIZE"......click THAT one, once they're loaded small, and then they will all appear LARGE!!! Thanks!!! MUCH EASIER on older eyes!!! Images should be NO LARGER than 1 MB.....480 x 640 is a good general size.

Joshua Brown and KingofThings like this.
  5. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Yes! Thanks!
    ~
    AND on phones!!!!!
    My phone is getting sick of being thrown to the wall after I load and unload photos to see them...to try and help!!! :p

Joshua Brown and Aquitaine like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted