Looking for Info on Antique Drop Leaf Table

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Jay Beeber, Aug 10, 2024.

1. Jay Beeber

Jay Beeber New Member

Hi,

Trying to find out any info on my great grandmother's table. I've identified it as a gate leg drop leaf. She immigrated to the US as a child in the late 1800's from Europe but I'm guessing she acquired it here in the US. She passed in the 1970's but I'm pretty sure she had this at least since the 30's or 40's, maybe earlier, not sure. My dad refinished it many years ago.

I found a listing online for an almost identical table that says "Early 20th Century American William and Mary Style Chestnut Gate-Leg Table"
    https://www.chairish.com/product/14...illiam-and-mary-style-chestnut-gate-leg-table

I can post pictures with more details if that helps.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I think 30s is about right, though made a decade or so before and after. Maybe walnut. Lots of these out there.

johnnycb09, Ghopper1924 and komokwa like this.
  3. Jay Beeber

Jay Beeber New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Any sense of the value? Trying to figure if it's worth shipping from the East Coast to my home in AZ.

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I think they're pretty easy to find. I had two - one from my Mom and one from an Aunt - and gave one to my daughter. We drove it down to Atlanta. If you like it, it would be worth the shipping.

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Can usually pick these up pretty cheaply here in the Midwest. Generally, under a $100.00. Sometimes a lot cheaper. If it has sentimental value, it is worth shipping. Otherwise, probably not.

6. Jay Beeber

Jay Beeber New Member

Thanks for the info!

Draft saved Draft deleted