Looking for help

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Gabriel Popa, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Gabriel Popa

Gabriel Popa New Member

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Gabriel. Your gallery pictures are set to Private and cannot be seen by anyone but you. Please change them to public.

3. Gabriel Popa

Gabriel Popa New Member

will do

4. Gabriel Popa

Gabriel Popa New Member

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

All good now, except that we're not really a "valuation site" unless a member who sees your query happens to have recent experience of selling a comparable item and chooses to share info. It can happen.

Please post measurements. I take it you are located in the UK?

kyratango, Aquitaine and komokwa like this.
  6. Gabriel Popa

Gabriel Popa New Member

yep, it’s 8cm tall with a diameter of around 3.8cm

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

WELCOME @Gabriel Popa!! Except for the main marks, that is ONE WORN LID!!! There are a few Extremely worn very tiny what also look to be marks, but indiscernable!! :)

F15D28FC-4567-443A-AE04-A80C148DFF63-A.jpg

kyratango likes this.
  8. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Don't know if it will take away any from the value but the silver top looks to have been harshly scrubbed with some type of abrasive. They aren't even hairlines but look to be bordering on scratches. Always take your time polishing silver with specific silver polish and a super soft cloth or even Qtips.

kyratango and komokwa like this.
  9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

10. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Here is some history of the Boots Pure Drug Company which I'm sure is common knowledge many places however unknown to me here in this part of the US. If I read correctly (but might be wrong) I think the most current version is a Swiss and Walgreen owned company (and I've heard of Walgreens;)).

https://gracesguide.co.uk/Boots_Pure_Drug_Co

As for it's use and value? Someone will probably know it's use more though I'm guessing a dresser jar of some sort. You might try a good polish with a nice silver polish and see how it looks. Sterling in poor condition can be made to look better with proper refurbishing. Past sales may be easiest way to access value and where yours in this condition might fall. Have you checked eBay completed sales?

Bakersgma likes this.
  11. Gabriel Popa

Gabriel Popa New Member

I have and can’t seem to find anything similar, i have a silver cleaner that i’ll try to use now, i’ll post updates soon.

12. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

13. Gabriel Popa

Gabriel Popa New Member

Here it is cleaned, thanks for the help finding similar items.

say_it_slowly likes this.
  14. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

And this is from the link @say_it_slowly showed.....can't read the top but from the middle down, you can read a bit of their history or what they provided!
    1894_Nottingham_i0436-A.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted