Looking for Help identifying pieces.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Musika452, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Musika452

Musika452 New Member

I have a pair of glass butterflies that I got in a box of Degenhart Owls from my Grandmother's stuff when she passed. I'm trying to identify them, just for my own curiosity. If anyone has any insight on the origin of these butterflies, I would greatly appreciate any help. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

KingofThings likes this.
  2. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

I think those are moths.

komokwa and KingofThings like this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I agree, body is fat, and I would dang near swear my G ma had these...

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Musika452 - Welcome! I believe those are Westmoreland. They came in three sizes and I think you have the medium size. One appears to be blue mist but I'm having trouble seeing the color on the second one. There may be a Westmoreland mark on them somewhere but it can be tough to spot.
    Don

Musika452, TallCakes and KingofThings like this.
  5. Musika452

Musika452 New Member

Thank you, Don. They do seem to be Westmoreland. I can't seem to find any markings on them that would tell me for a fact, but thank you very much for the point in the right direction.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

You are most welcome, Musika452. I was able to get a better look at the color on the second butterfly by viewing it on my phone. I believe it is green mist.
    Don

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted