Looking for a timeline - Louis Lourioux and Philippe Deshoulieres

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brian Warshaw, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Brian Warshaw

Brian Warshaw Well-Known Member

I am unable to find a website that will show me a timeline of Marks used by Louis Lourioux of Foecy, or this particular Mark:

Lourious - plates Desert E.JPG

The pottery of Lourioux opened in 1901 and was closed or bought by Deshoulieres in 1949 when the widow of Louis Lourious died. Deshoulieeres might just bought the factory which was in the residence of Lourioux, and probably the right to the patterns and designs.

I would like to find the approximate date of the following plates, and how one would describe the edge. The central motif is common to all the plates, but the four wild flowers without, change from plate to plate. I have 11 from probably a set of 12.

Your knowledge would be apppreciated

Lourious - plates Desert B.JPG

Lourious - plates Desert C.JPG

Lourious - plates Desert A.JPG

Lourious - plates Desert D.JPG

Lourious - plates Desert F.JPG

Lourious - plates Desert G.JPG

Lourious - plates Desert H.JPG

Thank you for your help and comments.

2. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I landed on a website for French pottery marks that stated the Lourioux pottery closed in 1949 when Mrs. L died, but was not purchased by Deshoulieres until 1968. Can I infer that your plates were made before 1949? They are really nice!

Brian Warshaw likes this.
  3. Brian Warshaw

Brian Warshaw Well-Known Member

Thank you. Everything I read was wishy-washy about what happened to the company in 1949. I'll go with before 1949 as you suggest.

I picked them up in a charity shop and carried on walking around with them. At sight of the length of the queue to get I I put them down again down; but when I went to go out I picked them up and joined the still long queue. They were so fresh, I couldn't not buy them in the end.

Thanks again for finding that positive information.

Draft saved Draft deleted