Look At These Crazy Cats.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by LovesVintage, Oct 3, 2020.

1. LovesVintage

LovesVintage reader of books and tea leaves

IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0819.jpg
    IMG_0816.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg

It's me again, posting weird stuff nobody knows or cares about, hahaha! Okay, these two pieces of a condiment set are just so odd looking that I've realized I actually find them charming. They're only stamped with 'Japan', as far as I can see. Would anyone like to take an educated guess as to when they were made? Are they hand painted? How can you tell? Is there anything else that stands out or is significant to you, that might indicate who made or imported them?

Thank you in advance. I was going to eBay them but I think I'll just keep them. They're so funny looking!

2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Cute kitties. I would put these items as post WWII. They appear to be hand painted - you can tell by the brush strokes. A decal is composed of a series of tiny dots which would be viewable with a magnifying glass or jeweler's eye. Value would be minimal as you are missing the other shaker, the spoon for the jam jar, and possibly an undertray.

Bakersgma likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted