Little Green Glass Pitcher - Anything of quality?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, May 23, 2015.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone - normally I wouldn't pay much attention to this type of item but I got in the same box lot where I got the Westerwald open salt so I figured I'd better check. Some of the glassware at that auction looked primitive to me but went quite high. This little piece is about 3 1/4" high and a little under 2" across the base. Good piece or Mexican? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Don

DSC02790.JPG IMG_20150523_164417723.jpg DSC02791.JPG

KingofThings likes this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thought another shot might help show the swirl pattern better and the way the handle is attached.

IMG_20150523_164935966.jpg

KingofThings likes this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Appears Mex to me. and I've seen a lot, but can't be certain. But I like it! :)

4. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

looks like suryp missing lid to me. newer.

KingofThings likes this.
  5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thanks for your opinions, guys! It's a little small for a syrup and the spout doesn't seem right (there would be a gap if there were a lid). I think I'm going to hold on to it for awhile anyway, it's growing on me!
    Don

KingofThings likes this.
  6. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

Mexican Tourist glass.

KingofThings likes this.
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thanks, fenton! That does seem to be the general opinion. It's odd, I usually don't like Mexican pieces (except silver).

Don

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted