Limoges China tea set more information wanted

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by mariahbelle, Aug 23, 2020.

1. mariahbelle

mariahbelle New Member

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, mariahbelle! Good job on getting your first thread going.

One important thing we need to see - mark or marks on the underside. I have to assume there are some.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I suspect it is what we call hobbyist painted. Or it may be Japanese.

As bakers said, if there is a mark on the bottom, it would help to see it. Actually, a picture of how the bottom is finished is also helpful.
    Welcome to the board.

judy likes this.
  4. mariahbelle

mariahbelle New Member

Here the markings 73DAF35B-35A9-48BE-BFA3-720008A4C5F8.jpeg

clutteredcloset49 and judy like this.
  5. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Yes, a reproduction I'm afraid. These had foil labels which came off easily and were sold in home decorator shops starting around 2000 if I remember correctly. Besides the fake mark the porcelain is not nearly as delicate as genuine Limoges and that's not a decoration Limoges would have used. I believe the set was sold just the way you pictured it but it may be possible to pick up more cups and saucers on secondary market sites like eBay.
    Don

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted