Light Blue Tree Textured Glass Candlestick Holder

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by mr2real, May 1, 2015.

1. mr2real

mr2real Active Member

image.jpg The tree texture reminds me of a carnival glass piece which I believe was attributed to Northwood. They measure about 4" in diameter. The tip of each corner turns upward giving it an oriental look. There is an "O" on the base. Any thoughts as to maker or age is greatly appreciated.

image.jpg

Attached Files:

KingofThings likes this.
  2. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

These are Pagoda candle holders by L.E. Smith Glass. They make a matching fairy lamp in the shape of an Asian pagoda. When this piece has a hole in the center, it's a fairy lamp lid. With the candle well intact (like yours), it's a matching candlestick piece.

http://www.smithglass.co/products-page/more-glass/candlelight-collections

I don't think they're making the candle holders any more, but the lamp is shown at the link above. If you search "smith pagoda" on eBay you can see other examples of each - check Completeds for several of the fairy lamps.

dgbjwc, tie.dye.cat and KingofThings like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted