Libby hostess punch sets help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Seeker2021, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Seeker2021

Seeker2021 New Member

20201216_135905.jpg 20201216_135905.jpg 20201216_135814.jpg Screenshot_20201216-141203_DuckDuckGo.jpg Hello. Today I found out my grandmother's punch bowl set is from Libby, it was either 30s, 40s, 50s or 60s set. I'm looking for details on what the set is called and any sku type info. And if anyone has seen this recently.

Its a *large* punch bowl in a gold metal stand holder with rounded cups (and pretty sure had a ladle. The design had frosted glass mostly but some non frosted at top for sure, with gold on top rim and an inch or so below it b4 the frosting. The design had gold leafs ( but not quite agreeing that it looks like the attached samples). Im guessing The one with multi leafs on a stem version look right, and the chunky leaf too.

Have you seen the kind I'm describing? Any helps, tips, or actual images and item info?

Thx.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2020
    judy likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

From the design, it's going to be newer rather than later.

Debora

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Have you done a Google Image search? Lots of Libbey leaf patterns come up. Like this one.

Debora

il_300x300.1916451344_g5h3.jpg

4. Seeker2021

Seeker2021 New Member

5. Seeker2021

Seeker2021 New Member

Screenshot_20201216-142852_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Yes I just finished searching, which is why I feel I'm finding everything but that Lol. I kinda feel it's more like this below pattern. But not finding the cups w handle version.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2020
    judy and i need help like this.
  6. Seeker2021

Seeker2021 New Member

She sure picked the prettiest version, from what I've seen so far. She had good taste in that purchase

pixieforpapa and judy like this.
  7. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I see that design often at yard sales, JMHO, screams 1960s to me :)

judy, pearlsnblume and Debora like this.
  8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Yup, 60's My parents had a set of barware like this.

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Yep 1960's they are fairly common, but I just looked on ebay and I think they may be starting to develop a following as some do sell
    Go to ebay and do a search for Libbey leaf... they came in gold tone and silver tone.

judy likes this.
  10. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

There's plenty of Golden Foliage on replacements.com, but no punchbowl.

judy likes this.
  11. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Here is one on Worthpoint.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-libbey-gold-leaf-foliage-462610079

The shape of the bowl in the Worthpoint post is different & I usually associate the shape of the OP's bowl is for stuff like chips BWDIK.

I looked through the Libbey catalogs I had downloaded from the Libbey History site which BTW is no longer functional & I found no photos or mention of a punch set.

I did see that the first photos of the Golden Foliage pattern were in the 1958 catalog. The pattern continued through the 1960s.

I don't have anything saved after 1965 & do not remember if I ever finished downloading all the catalogs from the site.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    judy likes this.
  12. Seeker2021

Seeker2021 New Member

Thank you for the info. At least I found out the design maker of the item today, so after all this time... that's a major win

Hers was a punch bowl set with cups.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    judy likes this.
  13. Seeker2021

Seeker2021 New Member

I might just have to call them and ask for a historian archive searcher to help if no one has the right one (from my memory).

Thanks so far to all.

judy likes this.
  14. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

What are you looking for besides the pattern and the date range?

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  15. Seeker2021

Seeker2021 New Member

Pattern and full punch bowl hostess set with
    Bowl,ladle, and the glasses around it

16. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested, the one on Worthpoint sold for $38.99 in August 2013.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted