Lenox Plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by MML, Dec 5, 2020.

1. MML

MML Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time finding the name of this 12" Lenox plate and when it was produced. I also don't see any mark on the silver rim, if it's sterling. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2009-05-03 04.05.16 (2).jpg 2009-05-03 04.07.13 (2).jpg 2009-05-03 04.07.42 (2).jpg 2009-05-03 04.06.01 (2).jpg

SBSVC and Ally330 like this.
  2. JB Miller

JB Miller Well-Known Member

The only thing I can tell you for sure is the date. A=1926, 397 is the pattern number, and B indicates the color blue. 1830 is the shape number. I don't know what the X indicates. Might not have a pattern name.

pixieforpapa, judy and MML like this.
  3. MML

MML Well-Known Member

Thank you for this information, very helpful!

judy likes this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Very lovely plate!

MML and judy like this.
  5. Ally330

Ally330 Weekend thrifter

Oh my gosh <3 beautiful :kiss: I wish I could like this 2x. So gorgeous.

MML and judy like this.
  6. MML

MML Well-Known Member

Just wanted to give an update on this Lenox plate. I gave the metal a polishing and was then able to see a mark. It says S & G Gump Co. Sterling.

Here's a snippet from S & G Gump Co's about page: In 1861, Gertrude Gump and her husband established their business in the City, and were joined by the Gump brothers, Solomon and Gustave, who bought the enterprise and graced San Francisco with an expansion into mirrors and frames. Newly minted millionaires from the California Gold Rush showed an interest in the shop and the brothers expanded their collection of old world art and new world design. S & G Gump was born—and the tradition of excellence continues today.

So I'm thinking this plate was produced for them to sell in their store, in the late 1920's.

2009-06-28 03.13.05 (2).jpg

SBSVC, Bakersgma and blooey like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted