Featured Leaf brooch?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Batman_2000, Sep 7, 2024.

1. Batman_2000

Batman_2000 Well-Known Member

Wondering if anyone can tell me anything about this brooch? Pretty sure it was my grandmother’s, it’s quite large and feels somewhat flimsy. I’ve looked for a makers mark but can’t see anything. The leaves have some colour to them. The fastening is strange (to me), perhaps for a scarf? Any help appreciated!

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Piece is somewhat older, vintage or more, likely not gold with the verdigris (green oxidation) on the edges.

It's pretty and a bit unusual with the branches on all sides. Stay tuned for others, maybe someone will have info about that clasp.

Any Jewelry, Marote and Batman_2000 like this.
  3. Batman_2000

Batman_2000 Well-Known Member

I’ve done some more research and perhaps it was worn at the belt? Quite old? I noticed the green verdigris, but there’s pink as well and I’m wondering if it’s paint (?) from the decoration… I have no idea how these pieces were made! I need to have a closer look.

Here are photos in different light (struggling to get the white balance correct):

IMG_3696.jpeg

IMG_3695.jpeg

Lucille.b, Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It looks like a buckle to me. Maybe for a sash rather than a belt, but not a traditional sash buckle.

Lucille.b and Batman_2000 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted