Featured Leaded Glass Panels

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by opoe, Sep 5, 2017.

1. opoe

opoe Well-Known Member

Should I post this in Furniture or here?
    Let's try here then.
    I bought these beautiful, but really vulnerable, old leaded glass panels with lovely carved wood last year to block the view of the hideous supermarket across the street. They serve their purpose well.
    Some parts of the frames are missing unfortunately and there is some damage to the glass, which is really thin, as well.
    How old could it be and where is it from? 2014-07-13 22.51.35.jpg 2014-07-13 22.52.09.jpg 2014-07-13 22.54.44.jpg 2014-07-13 22.51.58.jpg 2014-07-13 22.53.14.jpg 2014-07-13 22.54.07.jpg

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

What is the size?
    Is it 2 panel or 3 panel?
    Might have been a fireplace screen originally.
    Wood work looks early 1900s. But your pictures are dark and hard to see.

Ghopper1924 and KingofThings like this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Hotel or pub/bar maybe?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Ghopper1924 likes this.
  4. opoe

opoe Well-Known Member

Cannot remove them from the window, they are bound to the handle of the window behind them(and that was quite a hassle so I rather leave them up there), so it's not easy to photograph them with backlight, the sun decided to show it's face just when I was trying to do so, the bastard....
    There are two panels... I get a bit of a neo-renaissance feel from them...

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Ghopper1924 and KingofThings like this.
  5. opoe

opoe Well-Known Member

fire place screen could be it, indeed... would go very nicely with a fire place like this one, french 19th century neo-renaissance: _01_big@2x.jpg

6. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

I can not offer any insight but I wanted to say I find them very attractive. I do not know much about fireplace screens but would think they would be more closed in on the bottom but that is just speculation. I almost get a church vibe but can't imagine where they might have been utilized in that fashion.

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted