Featured Le smith vase questions

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by cfh, Oct 1, 2022.

1. cfh

cfh Well-Known Member

FB3F3CD7-482F-4250-B4B2-2FD987B44E05.jpeg 8D30BCA3-FC0A-4FFB-8D3E-D7523C67DFCE.jpeg D66F5512-CBA7-4F87-B547-2A788EE0084C.jpeg 4B1B7BAA-7A6A-498B-99F4-A205DD9F7BF5.jpeg E0A591BE-CA01-4643-AEAE-A168E61123D2.jpeg I recently started collecting mid century glass. Some I keep and some I resale. I recently acquired this vase. I will eventually resale it most likely. But I noticed these anomalies. The first looks like a crack but is actually part of the glass. See how it fades in and out. The second is on the bottom of the vase. Again it looks original to me. At first I thought it might be a chip, but I am almost sure it is not. When I decide to sell this vase how should I describe these issues. Should I describe them as defects? Sorry for the grainy photos.

Figtree3, stracci, NewEngland and 2 others like this.
  2. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I would just say there are flaws within the glass and point them out

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    Figtree3, pearlsnblume and cfh like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They're manufacturer's "character marks". :chicken::cat::cat:

cfh likes this.
  4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Yup that is the right way to do it.

*crs* and cfh like this.
  5. cfh

cfh Well-Known Member

Thanks, I will point out the flaws (character marks) when I list it. I appreciate everyone’s input.

*crs* and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

L. E. Smith was known for High Volume, 'collectable' glass, meaning "might be confused with older production'. You can't expect 'quality' and 'high volume' in the same product.

cfh, Figtree3, bercrystal and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted