Largest Lee Reynolds Painting I've ever seen? 6ft x 2ft!

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Mar 28, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this today at my local thrift store - I know about Lee Reynolds (one of the sharpest salesmen ever - he had his students at his art school sign all their pieces with his name!), but I've never seen one this large (long)! It measures 6ft x 2ft.
    Has anyone ever seen a Lee Reynolds painting this size?
    What style would I call this? Is it palette with the thick ridges?
    Hope you like it!

ART PAINTING LEE REYNOLDS 6ft x 2ft  1AA.JPG ART PAINTING LEE REYNOLDS 6ft x 2ft  2AA.JPG ART PAINTING LEE REYNOLDS 6ft x 2ft  3AA.JPG ART PAINTING LEE REYNOLDS 6ft x 2ft  4AA.JPG

Figtree3 likes this.
  2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but the signature doesn't look right or style of painting. Could be another lee Reynolds.

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Decorative painting. And I don't believe that there is a standard Lee Reynolds signature. From the internet:

"According to the artist himself, Lee Reynolds was a trade name and no painting with this signature was touched by his hand."

There does appear to be a market for some of his work. But which ones? A mystery to me.

Debora

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Wasn't it his students from Vanguard studio that all signed his name to their work?

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Have seen some large Vanguard Studios paintings but none in this long narrow configuration. The largest I have seen are more like 60" x 48" or just a bit smaller. I seem to recall one particular one I had that was 54" x 42".

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. George Chaney

George Chaney Well-Known Member

That is rather long. I've got a 2' x 4' somewhere in storage of a ship.

Draft saved Draft deleted