Large, Signed Photos/Prints of Satchel, Louie Armstrong, More - Real Signatures?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Mar 30, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

My friend owns a 2nd hand furniture store that he fills by buying storage units at auction. When he finds non furniture items or more expensive/unusual things I sell them for him.
    He found these large (36" or maybe a little bigger) framed B&W photos? posters? of famous black jazz musicians that look like they were each autographed. But I googled Luis Armstrong signature & the ones I saw did not look like this one.
    Is the signature real or are they just someone trying to make it look like they were signed/or a way to identify each musician?
    Are these custom made or are they readily available? I couldn't find any others this large.
    Thanks, I (and my friend) appreciate any help!

AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY JAZZ MUSICIANS POSTERS 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY JAZZ MUSICIANS POSTERS 2AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY JAZZ MUSICIANS POSTERS 3AA.jpg

bobsyouruncle and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

komokwa and bobsyouruncle like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The second one that comes up for me in the google search result looks like "Lance Armstrong." But yes, a lot of the others are variable. And they look nothing like the one in the original post.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I did the same thing in the 1980s with old movie stars. Same mats and frames my were all George Hurrell photographs. He even made Joan Crawford glamerous instead of cheap.:rolleyes:
    greg

Bev aka thelmasstuff likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted