Large Pottery Vase ID

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by VintageAlways, Apr 10, 2023.

1. VintageAlways

VintageAlways Active Member

Large Pottery Vase ID Please
    This vase measures 12 1/4 inches tall X 14" wide. It has numbers stamped on the bottom. Curious as to the age and purpose. The shape is odd to me. Must be purely decorative with such a small hole at the top? I removed a gray felt pad that was glued to the bottom. Found in SE Ohio. Thank you!

Attached Files:

johnnycb09 likes this.
  2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

my first thought was Japanese. There is a specific name for this shape and I keep thinking cocoon though I am probably wrong.

VintageAlways likes this.
  3. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Often vases with that small hole were meant for dried flowers.

VintageAlways likes this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

What an unusual piece. It's really beautiful. (Please use FULL IMAGE option next time when posting photos.) I'll post a few for you.

aaapot.jpeg

I hope someone here can point you in the right direction as to maker/date. Seems like an especially nice vase.

aaapot3.jpeg

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Would this be used for Ikebana arranging?

Linda

Figtree3 and VintageAlways like this.
  6. VintageAlways

VintageAlways Active Member

Thank you!

Draft saved Draft deleted