Large pink glass footed ruffled edge basket in Sandwich pattern.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Aug 16, 2016.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I have tried the usual suspects (Tiara, Indiana, Duncan Miller, Anchor Hocking) on Replacements & Google, but have had no luck finding the maker of this basket. It is 11 1/2" to the top of the handle, 11" across & is 4 3/4" to the side edge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss::kiss:

Peggy

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time seeing the pattern on the side of your basket.
    Based just on the picture of the bottom, the flower and diamonds look most like Indiana's Sandwich pattern.

Indiana did make glass for Tiara, and Tiara had the sandwich in pink and pale green.

Wasn't there also an import from Indonesia in the Sandwich pattern?

upload_2016-8-17_0-31-26.png

3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  4. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

There are several similar patterns by other makers including one from Indonesia which is marked. These are the ones you are most likely to see. WVMAG has a couple of monographs on this pattern which are very useful.

5. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

6. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

there is one like this in the basket section at tiara exclusives

7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

tallcakes - Thank you for the link to that page!! I did not have that one, but is definitely saved in my favorites now. :D:D:D I come across a lot of Tiara pieces & it is nice to have an on-line resource for the pattern names.

Thanks to everyone for you input!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Peggy

Draft saved Draft deleted