Large lot of Balsa? Wood pieces - drawer dividers?

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by bercrystal, Jan 15, 2018.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I have a large pile of these wood pieces. They came from an estate of a man who was a watchmaker. I bought the contents of his watch work room a few years back & sold the bulk of it back in 2013. I am going to try to rid myself of the remnants over the course of the next month or so. I am not sure, but I believe they might have been used in the drawers of the small storage units like the one below. There were none in any of the drawers of the units that I sold, so I can not say for sure. He was also an avid rock collector & they may have been for use in dividing the huge collection he had out in the garage. I am not into rocks so I barely even looked in there.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-7-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The pieces are very lightweight, maybe made of balsa wood. I also am not sure if they are a manufactured item or if this is something he made himself. The end pieces are 10 3/8" long & 5/8" wide. The multi-notched pieces are 9 1/8" long & 5/8" wide. The assembled piece is 10 3/8" by 9 1/2". The pieces I have literally fill a large Priority flat rate box, but if you live closer to me & it would be less expensive for you to use another method I am sure I have a box that would fit them nicely. Also if there are multiple folks that want these pieces I will draw names next Sunday. I would also be open to dividing them up into 2 or more evenly divided groups if no one wants the whole lot.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Me please. :)

3. bercrystal

You are in King. :)

I should have added that you will have to let me know what you decide to do with these pieces. I have always thought they would be great if you collected odd bits & pieces. A small card could be slid into the notches to keep them all separated. :happy::happy:

KingofThings likes this.
  4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Peggy,
    Throw my hat into the ring.
    greg

KingofThings likes this.
  5. bercrystal

Will do Greg. :)

KingofThings likes this.
  6. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Ok...... :)

7. bercrystal

Greg won the toss of the coin this time. :):)

If you will message me with your info I will get your load of wood off to you.

Figtree3 and KingofThings like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted