Large Green Pottery Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, May 12, 2015.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello everyone - I'm seeking help on identifying this large green vase. It stands about 10" tall and is unmarked with a flat white bottom. Opening is 5 5/8". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Don

DSC02606.JPG DSC02607.JPG DSC02610.JPG DSC02611.JPG

Bakersgma and mymysharona43 like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

very nice....

dgbjwc likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I like me some green pottery. :lurking::)

4. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I like it, too. :)

The styling makes me think of both Art Deco and Art Nouveau. If it's not a recent piece, maybe it's from early in the Deco period? Just a guess, though... I have no expertise here.

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Don,
    I hope you find some info. I had the same vase made into a lamp. The bottom was just an edge and a huge hole. Now at least I can see what the bottom looked like. the top had a brass cap and a 50s shade of course the shade might not have original.
    greg

6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thanks, everyone! It's funny you should mention a lamp, gregsglass, because when I bought it I thought it reminded me of a TV lamp. I've looked in my TV lamp book but no luck. I figured I would check the books of other companies that I knew made a lot of lamps (Haeger, Gonder, and Stangl) without any luck. A google image search also didn't help. These flat white bottom vases can drive me nuts trying to get an ID!
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted