Large decorative chinese vases

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Boland, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

81359910-8D3A-4207-9F76-BD38F1596E50.jpeg C99D8E30-FB89-4F38-8A3C-8443CFC6189E.jpeg 4A4075CC-DA36-4FA0-9F0D-68EB20FA57B8.jpeg ACF4D9E7-928E-48BA-BFD4-8167087AA960.jpeg Just for interest sake. These were at a local secondhand shop today. When I got there they were already sold and paid for (and to be delivered) Anyway very impressive in height and appearance (at 1,8 meters tall) They are also not the same decorated.

They are obviously very new/modern. But a great buy at the equivalent of $270 for the pair! I wouldn’t have kept them (no space) But good resell! Any comments/thoughts? Quality? (Sloppy mark)

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Thanks for showing us but, I doubt I could get that high of a price for these newer vases on a resale market. Do you remember about how tall these are? :happy:

Boland likes this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Hmm 1.8 meters, about 6'. Pretty big!

kyratango and Boland like this.
  4. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comment. I hear you. Markets (different countries)obviously vary but I honestly thought it was a good price. They seem quite expensive new. But yes the resell and secondhand market is a whole different matter.

antidiem likes this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

It probably IS a good price, I just doubt anyone will spend that in the south.

Boland likes this.
  6. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

They are cool but for resell I doubt there is little to be made. Basically looking at it as decorative value.

antidiem and Boland like this.
  7. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Iam also not 100% sure now :)but given the opportunity I would taken it..

8. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Thanks.Agreed. Yes just decorative.. Probably a bit of a gamble.. But there’s also a-lot of money in this type/level of just pretty decorative stuff..

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted