Large Chalice Goblet collection advice?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Sdcookie2, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

Hiya all,

I have an opportunity to buy these all for $3 each.
    Do you see anything worth the while?

Thanks Steve Screenshot_20230303-065301.png

Rclinftl and wlwhittier like this.
  2. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Well,i know next to zero abt glass-but i do beleive folks still buy Bohemian Glass.
    Am I being too rude when I ask,how did you run across a ping-pong table full of this stuff ? The Buyer's obviously 'hot to trot',and perhaps their bulb is dimming a teensy bit ? Sorry if that sounds insulting if said seller's a friend or relative-i do get a bit dumbstruck when i see some of the deals here.

wlwhittier likes this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'm not a glass person really but condition will play a role I'm sure as will names. I did sell some Lausitzer cut to clear wine glasses some time ago that did fairly well. Someone may be able to identify some things from this photo but details are a bit hard to make out.

Do you like parties? If they are in good condition they would make for a fun presentation at a party if nothing else:)

wlwhittier likes this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

There's a confusion of glasses there. Are you thinking of buying them all? See if they'd take $100 for the lot.

The one that particularly captures my eye is this:
    1g.jpeg

wlwhittier, bercrystal and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

There are a number i would buy at that price. I have given my granddaughters (9,11) some fancy flutes. My daughter loves to travel so she sits down with them and does a Rick Steves watch night where she fixes finger foods and deserts to go along with the country he is touring. I notice they always break out the fancy flutes for sparkling cider . I need to find them some more.

6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I see some gems amongst all that Bohemian. Id absolutely jump on some of those for $3 each.

wlwhittier and pearlsnblume like this.
  7. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

In a Heartbeat! Cough it up, take 'em home an' wallow in your treasures. Chances are good at least one of them will pay for the lot! Good Luck!

Rclinftl likes this.
  8. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

yup - buy them all!

wlwhittier likes this.
  9. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

Yes I bought them all, made a separate post with photos. Bought a bunch more stuff too

Draft saved Draft deleted