Large Antique School Chalkboard- What is this worth?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by FloridaAntiqueWoman, Mar 10, 2021.

1. FloridaAntiqueWoman

FloridaAntiqueWoman New Member

Not sure what category this would go into, but does anybody have an idea of what these sell for? Screenshot_20210310-135507.png

2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Hi.

You could argue it belongs in the Furniture forum, but please don't start a new thread. This is just my thinking. There are a lot knowledgeable folks that will see your piece, regardless.

I would suggest adding more details: where you are located in the world, the dimensions of the piece, or any other pertinent information that would be of help.

By and large, the people here are collectors, not appraisers. Having said that, some do offer a general idea on the estimated fair market prices.

Please keep checking in as people come and go from around the world at all hours.

komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
  3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

How big is it? It's from Florida? It may be good for someone to homeschool their children.

Potteryplease likes this.
  4. FloridaAntiqueWoman

FloridaAntiqueWoman New Member

76 inches tall by 66 inches wide. Yes it is in Florida. Mainly just trying to find out if these are with anything because I'm considering purchasing it for my antique booth.

antidiem likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

don't..........imo
    it's not antique
    it's huge and will take up space better used for other things
    it's still huge, and no one has the room for this in their condo
    i could maybe see a homey restaurant wanting it ....but...oh wait....aren't they all struggling to survive ...and using Uber Eats, Doordash, & Skip the Dishes to stay in business????

Potteryplease, Fid and sabre123 like this.
  6. antidiem

Ok, @FloridaAntiqueWoman , now I can give you better advice: nope I would not buy it. It's such a giant space-taker and I doubt it's going to bring more than about $40, although I could be wrong about that. I'd not want it to block anything in my booth, and if you use it as a "side wall" of booth space, you will have to anchor the board in place.

sabre123 and komokwa like this.
  7. komokwa

oh...& today...home schoolers use computers...& books......

Where does this one plug in !!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

BoudiccaJones, Potteryplease and Fid like this.
  8. antidiem

sniped by fast-typing Komo! ;):joyful:

komokwa likes this.
  9. antidiem

10. komokwa

third times a charm !!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::wideyed::wideyed:

antidiem likes this.
  11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Usually sell in the $100-150.00 in my Midwest neck of the woods.

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted