Large Amberina color vase, Blenko?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by classiquejunque, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Hi All,
    trying to figure out this Amberina vase, it does have a pontil scar. /It is 9" tall and 8" across at the top. Thank you for looking!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

What color is the top ruffle of this piece? It's hard to tell from your pictures., but it looks much darker then the rest of the piece.

3. Yes, It fades from an amber at the base, to a deep ruby at the top.

4. Bdigger

Just for fun......Googlw Webb Alexandrite. I don't think it is.....but it is worth a look.

5. Bdigger

Might also look to Mt Washington. They did it too.....

6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

This isn't Webb or Mt Washington.

Most likely one of the WVA glass companies. I was waiting to see if anyone confirmed the Blenko. I have this exact vase in a deep turquoise color. It is a nicely done piece. Good glass.

7. Hmm,After wading through the blenko catalogs starting with 1951 I think I found it in 1969 on page 10, the 6941L

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  8. And looking further looks like it was just 1969 and 70

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  9. clutteredcloset49

10. Have to say that I like mine more than the olive green one that was/is listed.

11. clutteredcloset49

Draft saved Draft deleted