LAPP Bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Erik Larson, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Erik Larson

Erik Larson New Member

Hey! New here and have a question about this bowl. It is very large: 20” diameter and 6” deep. It has the makers mark LAPP as seen in photos. The only ceramic maker LAPP I can find is in New York and makes electrical insulators. The font of the makers mark is identical. I reached out the company but they never responded. Has anyone else seen this? See photos.
    8ADDC3F7-C903-4F80-88DD-D02E55DA38CF.jpeg
    Much appreciated,
    Erik

Attached Files:

wlwhittier and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  2. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Is that just dirt on the outside or is the outside rough un glazed. if it is unglazed I would suspect it is some part or cover of an industrial electrical item.

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  3. Erik Larson

Erik Larson New Member

It is unglazed. I suspected the same thing but could not find anything similar!

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  4. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

5. Erik Larson

Erik Larson New Member

Yes! Thank you! I got in touch with a Lapp historian. In the 40’s they made dishes like this. This was most likely a basin that was sunk into a counter.

Marote, komokwa and 2manybooks like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

at that size...it makes sense !

Draft saved Draft deleted