Lane Table

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Rebeccah Lambert, Sep 14, 2024 at 7:44 PM.

1. Rebeccah Lambert

Rebeccah Lambert New Member

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Late 60s Spanish revival. Not a collectible style most places. Maybe in CA or Southwest there would be interest. Would have to give away here in my Midwest location.

mirana, komokwa and sabre123 like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It would sell in a charity store here, if not for a pile. Otherwise I"d expect to see it in a Free listing on Marketplace.

4. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I actually kinda like it and would try listing it on my local FB Marketplace for $50. If no takers after a month, I'd donate it. The top appears to need refinishing? I believe the serial number indicates it was manufactured July 26, 1968.

mirana likes this.
  5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Lane did make solid furniture, so that's a plus. I don't think it will be as collectible as the more desirable Lane pieces, the Lane MCM stuff for a while has been so hot, and this isn't that.

However, it's got kind of a cool look that could work certain settings. And I actually thinking the MCM craze is starting to soften. But agree, if the top needs refinishing that's going to take a huge hit on value.

If top is in perfect shape, I could see asking even $150 online IF you are in a metro area --but it might take a while to sell.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2024 at 10:50 PM
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

MCM is cooling off like all trends do. Deco and Victorian were huge in the 80s and you know what happened to those. I think Flat pack is going to slow down a lot too. It would still be tough to sell here, but in ten years that could change radically, particularly if Cottagecore takes off.

Draft saved Draft deleted