Lane Commode Tables

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Vernlore, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Vernlore

Vernlore New Member

Hi all! I've been on the hunt for more information on a pair of Lane Fantasia Commode tables that I purchased. But it's the strangest thing--I can't seem to find any information or other examples from this collection. I've searched with all sorts of combinations of Lane, Fantasia, Commode (which just brings up toilets :vomit:), side table, style #, and even parquet top, but nothing pops up. I've seen a few Lane results in image searches that have a parquet top, but they are in a brutalist style, which this isn't.

I even have the original collection tags for the pair and I know they were built 02/20/1960 from the serials. I'm just interested in the value and perhaps finding more pieces or the original drawer pulls.

Any help is much appreciated!

EBC651B4-A760-4442-ACDD-39A80BD0C012.jpeg 2451CDE2-649D-4682-90FA-96C91A7E8450.jpeg 946909AE-E499-4DA7-9046-C151E64C41AF.jpeg 68153C40-0F58-4D5A-9230-BBC294B3D8E5.jpeg C983C350-F3BE-4D69-B7BB-C1A1AAD873C3.jpeg

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Lucille.b and komokwa like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

this is not a site for getting values......BUT.....on occasion....as SIS has found.....they can come up in our helpful members searches !!!!!

sabre123 likes this.
  4. Vernlore

Vernlore New Member

Yep, those look like the same tables, SIS! Thank you so much! I wonder why there don't seem to be many of them out there.

It's a shame that they replaced the pulls on mine, as the originals look much better. But since they're so unique, I imagine they'll be difficult to find if I want to go back to the originals. Bummer.

The value isn't that important to me, as I'm not looking to sell them. More for insurance purposes in case they were super valuable, which they don't seem to be. But I did buy the pair for $125 total (and that was in a retail setting!), so it seems like I got a pretty good deal comparatively!

Born2it and komokwa like this.
  5. say_it_slowly

komokwa likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I wonder why there don't seem to be many of them out there.............

remember......for anything that's not in an online store for sale now......like antique or vintage aged items.....someone first has to upload a photo to the web....

could be , no one has ever asked about...or offered for sale....these tables..
    maybe not many were made...or maybe they're sitting in Dad's attic.....

The net....is not the entire world of things...:yawn:

On the upside......your pics will now be grabbed by bots.....and anyone looking for info about these......should be able to eventually find us...and add to the conversation......;):):)

How many times , a years old thread is found here by a new member with ....
    " HEY.....I've got one of those toooooo !!! " :hilarious:

7. Vernlore

Vernlore New Member

Born2it, say_it_slowly and komokwa like this.
  8. Vernlore

Vernlore New Member

Good point! It's funny, the only thing I could find with the exact match to "Lane Fantasia Commode" was the original Facebook post from the antique seller I purchased these from. So it's true that the bots will find anything! (Also in that original post, the seller had a matching cocktail table that someone got to before me! Ugh!)

As for the items in Dad's attic, I would like to call first dibs on looking them over once they see the light of day! :angelic::D I love finding things that don't have a clear history or are difficult to find on the web. It's like a fun scavenger hunt and I get to meet nice people like everyone here!

komokwa likes this.
  9. say_it_slowly

I found a discussion on Ebay boards last year asking if anyone know the name of this table. I suppose it would be nice to go in and ID it in case anyone still wants to know. I guess I will because yours should come up in google search soon. I guess I can't mention this site or link to it. It's been so long since I was on Ebay:rolleyes:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Colle...-commode-table-lamp-table-style/td-p/31749616

Lucille.b and komokwa like this.
  10. Vernlore

Vernlore New Member

Wow, you're such a resourceful hunter! I can go in and mention the collection it's a part of in case they're still wondering. And maybe ask if they want to sell the drawer pulls while I'm at it. haha

Seems odd that our tables were manufactured on the same day, doesn't it? Or maybe that's common? I wonder if this line wasn't manufactured for long. Hmm.

komokwa likes this.
  11. say_it_slowly

I did post the name there as a reference.

Vernlore likes this.
  12. say_it_slowly

I'm rather fond of Lane tables myself. We had them when I was a kid and they were lovely and lasted a lifetime for my folks. I have a Lane Acclaim side table that I'm using and kicking myself that I sold some other Acclaim tables that I ran across.

Vernlore and komokwa like this.
  13. Vernlore

Vernlore New Member

They are really well made pieces from what I've found--the old ones anyhow. I can't speak to the newer ones. I'd love to have more Lane in my home, they feel much more solid than my American of Martinsville coffee table. Too bad I couldn't get the matching table before someone snagged it!

I managed to find some another item from this line! Step tables on eBay...likely way overpriced, but interesting nonetheless.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165089229569?hash=item267015bb01:g:jpsAAOSwVVphTQ1s

say_it_slowly likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted