lamps lamps lamps!!

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by whitedogsales, Aug 18, 2024.

1. whitedogsales

whitedogsales New Member

Last edited: Aug 18, 2024
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You will want to attach your photographs with your post. If you don't know how to do so, someone will be along shortly with instructions.

Debora

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

The main one you show, may well be Rembrandt. Shade is not original. The lamps in the backgrond are called bridge lamps. None are Victorian. More like circa 1930.

4. whitedogsales

whitedogsales New Member

ty .. with all that said how much does the shade affect the value and would u kno aproximate sale price im having trouble finding it .... thanks again in advance i only paid 20 dollars a piece

5. verybrad

I am not finding confirmation that RLC stands for Rembrandt Lamp Co. I am finding some better marked Rembrandt lamps with that same devil's head finial. Think we are pretty safe in the attribution.

[​IMG]

wlwhittier and Bakersgma like this.
  6. verybrad

Hard saying what the replaced shade means to value. Many times, shades are replaced on lamps. That said, the configuration of the socket and shade on your lamp looks awkward and I doubt it had a glass shade like this. The fitter is probably not original and I have my doubts about the socket. I wonder if this might have just been a simple faux candle lamp with a decorative bulb.

Values are very dependent on a lot of factors that make it difficult to place a value for you. Where and how selling are probably formost. In a nice shop in a big city, the values will be much higher than in a flea market in Podunkville. I know that values for such lamps have plummeted. I used to sell refurbished similar vintage lamps in the 100.00+ range here in the Midwest. Now days, I would be lucky to get $40.00 for most, so it really is not worth my time to refurbish them. Exceptional lamps still will bring better money. You are probably fine on the Rembrandt but doubt there is much profit as configured. I think you overpaid on the others. I can usually pick bridge lamps up in the $5.00-10.00 range. This is just my opinion based on my experience here in the Midwest. Other locations may have better (or worse) prospects.

Ghopper1924 and wlwhittier like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Draft saved Draft deleted