Lady's Handkerchiefs in boxes

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Mrskillbilly524, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Mrskillbilly524

Mrskillbilly524 New Member

Hello there, I am a newbie here and this is my first post. My husband and I cleaned out an old house recently and acquired quite a few random things. Some we have been able to find on the internet but I can't find any ladies hankies mint still in the boxes. Some of the boxes are almost prettier than it's contents. The hankies are all still pinned in to the paper behind them, showing that they have never been out of the box. I have monogrammed hankies, embroidered hankies, and one box has several different hankies still folded in the box. I wonder if anyone knows anything about the value of these.

Attached Files:

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

A number of listings on eBay, both completed and active. Key words "box" and/or "NOS."

Debora

3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Welcome MrsK. Debora's suggestion that you look at listings, particularly completed ones, is the best way to get an idea of current value. I'll just add that I'll bet the original owner was a grade school teacher. My mother taught kindergarten. After a few Christmases, the Avon cologne & Sweetheart soap decorated with nylon netting & pinned on beads to look like a fish really began to pile up.

4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! :)
    I like these and pick them up often. :)
    -
    In the future please do this always with all photos. :)
    -
    E6E7C2EA-FE17-416E-852E-BB20E8D6F730.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted