Featured Kutani & Satsuma plates - help with marks ID

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by nastina.nastea, Jul 15, 2024.

1. nastina.nastea

nastina.nastea Well-Known Member

Hi dear Members,

Recently, I've picked up few Kutani and Satsuma plates/saucers and would be very grateful if someone could help me with marks identifying.

Plates with birds (I have two of them) are Kutani and, I guess, from Meiji period, but couldn't ID the mark by myself.

Satsuma Saucer with a beautiful landscape - the mark is written indistinctly, and I'm struggling to ID it.

Eggshell porcelain saucer (my favourite from this set:smug:) with a dinner, or tea party (?) scene has a mark that I identified as "Omura" - please correct me if I'm wrong.

All opinions a highly appreciated!

IMG_9442 Large.jpeg IMG_9443 Large.jpeg IMG_9444 Large.jpeg IMG_9445 Large.jpeg IMG_9446 Large.jpeg IMG_9447 Large.jpeg IMG_9449 Large.jpeg IMG_9448 Large.jpeg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

3. nastina.nastea

Thank you Any:cat:

Chinoiserie, Marote and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Thank you @Any Jewelry
    Some beautiful pieces you found @nastina.nastea
    Satsuma Omura plate is correct and dates first quarter 20th century, too bad about the damage
    The other Satsuma mark is hard to read and I'm guessing it is most likely Meiji 1868-1912
    The Kutani plates are beautiful and date to right around the turn of the century.
    I hope this helps
    Mikey

Chinoiserie, Marote, sabre123 and 2 others like this.
  5. nastina.nastea

Wow! Thank You @916Bulldogs123 for your help, it’s amazing :happy:
    Yes, it’s so sad that Omura plate is damaged, but the drawing on it is so beautiful that I thought it is almost a crime to leave it there all alone:smuggrin:

Draft saved Draft deleted