Korean Diamond Coffee Set

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jack R, Oct 3, 2024 at 7:16 PM.

1. Jack R

Jack R New Member

Good evening everyone,

I've recently acquired a Korean ceramic coffee set and am trying to find out what its value is.

There is a tag on the pot that I plugged into GPT and this is the translation I got back:

First Image (Front Side): This appears to be a certificate or a recognition note that reads something like:

"Presented by the President. This certificate is awarded to this product for its excellence in the international product market. Issued on December 12, 1992. (President's name: Park Jung-hee). Official seal."

Second Image (Back Side): "Presidential Award This diamond-shaped mark represents the superior quality of products that received special recognition at the International Product Market Evaluation Contest. This is a certification of the excellent quality of pottery products from Icheon Ceramics."

This suggests that the product inside is an item of high quality, recognized by a prestigious award. Based on the text, it seems to be a product from Icheon Ceramics, which is known for its fine ceramic craftsmanship in South Korea.

Pictures are attached of the pot, the maker's mark in the set, and box logo. Any information on potential value or how to go about getting it appraised would be super helpful. Pot.jpg Mark.jpg Logo.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

u need to find a comparable set.....to suggest a value ..

and yes..the awards and awards, are all nice and good..... but it's all just advertising..

oh...and ,special recognition at the International Product Market Evaluation Contest.

that's a contest..?
    well, this isn't first prize...

last time I watched the top 30 plays of the month...... the video given special recognition....... didn't make the cut !!

Oh...& unless I'm mistaken......... that's a tea pot !...:playful::playful::playful:

Draft saved Draft deleted