Featured Korea DQ CZ 14KT Bracelets - Sell for Scrap?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KikoBlueEyes, Oct 8, 2023.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I bought several pieces of jewelry at a recent sale amongst which are two bracelets marked Korea DQ CZ 14KT. One of them is missing two tiny CZ stones. I bought them to wear with some costume pieces, but a reseller asked to see the stuff I bought, and he recommended I turn them in for scrap gold. They are 7.5 inches and 7 inches long respectively. They one with the missing stones weighs 12 grams, and the other, 15 grams.

I'm sorry for the bad photos. I have a hard time photographing jewelry. (I'll show you the other pieces in another post. I have a couple of pieces, one cameo, that I need to ask about.) Thank you in advance for your comments and thoughts.

IMG_3757.JPG IMG_3750.JPG IMG_3753.JPG IMG_3752.JPG IMG_3751.JPG IMG_3754.JPG IMG_3745.JPG IMG_3746.JPG IMG_3749.JPG IMG_3748.JPG

judy, Any Jewelry, KSW and 1 other person like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd probably melt them too without a backward glance. This is the first time I've ever seen real gold from Korea; usually it's 80s electroplate. The marks are "diamonique" and "Cubic zirconia". QVC stuff and not high style at that. Wear them if you like them, but I'd have them in my "401-K" pile.

judy, KikoBlueEyes, KSW and 1 other person like this.
  3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I was just going to say, I don't think those are real diamonds, but evely beat me to it! Thanks! :) And I do agree with the melting if you are looking to make any money from these.

judy, KikoBlueEyes and KSW like this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

Excellent advice. I wanted to replace a poorly working tennis bracelet that I wear when I travel. It is all fake and is difficult to get on. I'll dump the damaged one.

judy likes this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

Wasn't looking to make money. The broken one cost $15, so there's probably enough gold to cover that cost. Thank you.

judy likes this.
  6. antidiem

Oh sorry to have made a bad suggestion, Kiko. I didn't find where you'd said you were going to harvest parts. Great idea.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

Ooops. I wasn't harvesting parts. I have no expertise. I was just going to get rid of the old fake tennis bracelet that I use when I travel and substitute one of these. Even though it is gold, there isn't that much.

antidiem likes this.
  8. antidiem

I don't blame you for wanting to wear the oval stone bracelet, it's very pretty. I like the way the stones are set at an angle too. They rather look like quartz but they may not be. No idea what the smaller "spacer" set stones are but appear to be the same color as the ovals. Nice find.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

I take bad photos of jewelry. I have to learn a better technique. These are CZ. They sparkle in the sunshine. I just didn't show them well. Thanks for the support. I have been using a cheap tennis bracelet that was bent out of shape, so I would have to ask another traveler to help me put it on. This last time was the last. :(

Draft saved Draft deleted