Karlsbad VC Tea set

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Oyvn, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Oyvn

Oyvn New Member

unnamed (4).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (1).jpg Good evening,

I have a tea set (tray, 6 cups, 6 saucers, tea pot and sugar cup with lid).

It is stamped Karlsbad VC, and I believe it dates to pre WW1, it has some interesting family history, however I would like to know more about it.

I have attached some photos,

Are you familiar with this set? Is it pre 1918? What could be its value?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2023
    johnnycb09 and judy like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome Oyvn. The fact that the mark also says Czechoslovakia means it is post-WW I.
    Czechoslovakia was created after WW I. Before it was Czechoslovakia, it was Bohemia, Moravia, and Slovakia, all parts of the Habsburg empire.
    Carslbad is present day Karlovy Vary.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
    kentworld, judy, i need help and 3 others like this.
  3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

You have a coffee set (with coffee pot), not a tea set. Coffee pots are tall, tea pots are squat.
    It's a nicer than usual "courting couple" set, my guess is that it's likely made in the early-to-mid-20th century.
    Value is rather low due to tea and coffee sets (and vintage fine dinnerware china in general) not being particularly desired items. People want the convenience of "dishwasher safe". IMHO, under $150 US for the set, and probably significantly less, assuming you can even find a buyer. Courting couple china was very popular and therefore is easily found, there's a lot available on the resale market.
    Shipping it safely to a new buyer would be problematic and selling locally usually brings down the final price even further due to the smaller number of potential buyers.
    FYI, this is JMHO as a collector, I am not an appraiser.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
    johnnycb09, komokwa, judy and 3 others like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I have no idea about where the OP lives, but where I am courting couple porcelain is not popular. You're lucky to sell it at any price. I'd be lucky to get $50 here, especially with the gold on it; if it can't go through a dishwasher no one wants it.

johnnycb09 and bluumz like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

last time I had a dishwasher was 88.....and someone.... NOT ME... put dish hand washing soap in it.....

the kitchen had a bubble bath !!!!!!!!!!!!:jawdrop::jawdrop::playful:

6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

THe last time I gave a kitchen a bubble bath, I was about one. I got hold of mom's dish soap and squirted it all over the floor. Mom decided to clean up with a wet mop. :D:D:D:D :eek::eek::eek: She closed the lid and put a kidproof lock on that cabinet!

Draft saved Draft deleted