Just for fun -- anybody famous in this photo?

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Figtree3, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I'm thinking there really is nobody well known in this photo... but the man in the middle looks like he should be somebody!

Anyway, this seems like a good one to ask about here, for fun. Do you recognize anybody?

Chorus girls and man (1024x815).jpg

Chorus girls and man crop.jpg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Well, he certainly doesn't look too happy to be amongst all those ladies in see-through dresses. :rolleyes:

3. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Just to show that I can be a sexist pig as well as the next guy, there are a few "ladies" in that group I would not be "glad" to be around at all - filmy skirts or not................

So Fig, you can be just about positive that this was NOT a beauty pageant..................

gregsglass and spirit-of-shiloh like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Mansons - I foreswore using the word "pulchritude" for just that reason. ;)

Bev aka thelmasstuff likes this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

They're all looking in different directions - summer stock? amateur hour?1940s?USO?

User 67 likes this.
  6. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

The fellow is slightly familiar but . . .

Look at the woman in the front row who is (in the photo) to the right of the man. She was at least in television and maybe in a movie (or movies), perhaps in supporting roles.

She may have played someone's friend or an aunt (or maybe even a mother), but she looked the same for any of those roles.

It's her face taken as whole, not any one facial feature, which makes her (seem?) recognizable. I just can't put a name to the face or even what program she was in.

7. Figtree3

I was thinking he looked like the overbearing, domineering choreographer who made it all happen -- but maybe not very well. You're right, Bakersgma, he does look uncomfortable!

Mansons, it's nice to see a man's perspective. Some of these women look a little older than a chorus girl. I wonder whether it was a benefit performance of some kind, as suggested by clutteredcloset?

Yourturntoloveit, that one does look familiar -- but a few of them do, to me. So I can't really say!

Fig

8. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

She does kind of, sort of look like Beulah Bondi, who played Jimmy Stewart's mother in a number of movies.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Beulah Bondi&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=7hHMU4W5McqNyASVg4GQCA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1423&bih=845

P.S. I don't think it is her though.

9. Figtree3

For a few minutes I was thinking that the woman in the top row just to our right of the man looks a little like Ann Sheridan on one of her worst days, with no makeup. I didn't think it was her, but wanted to compare.

I can't find any photos of Sheridan where her skin was not flawlessly made up -- And when I compare the two, just think that there is a little resemblance in the eyes. But nothing else! Sheridan was really glamorous in many of her roles.

10. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

The second gal to the right of the guy looks like Betty Davis :p

11. Messilane

Just for grins and tickles, I isolated the man's face.

Chorus girls and man crop.jpg

12. Bakersgma

13. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I apologize for my first comment on this thread - I am not usually that rude (or should I say that I usually do not let that shallow side of me show publicly!). I can only blame it on being irritable from some of the worst effects from chemo therapy that I have experienced so far. Please forgive me............................

14. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

But...but....they were DEAD ON!!!:cool:

15. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

Mansions, no need to apologize, they are, ummm..... well.... er....beauty challanged ;)

So sorry about the chemo, hope you feel better soon. :kiss:

16. elarnia

elarnia SIWL

The last woman on the right in the front row looks a bit like a young Barbara Bel Geddes

upload_2014-7-20_17-34-13.png

17. Messilane

Lat woman on right - first row . . .

last woman on right first row.jpg

18. Messilane

Do the somewhat larger photos help?

19. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

The woman just to his left, the one licking her lips or something, sure looks familiar. Can't think of from where though. I always liked Van Johnson, this guy doesn't look like him to me but sometimes I'm fooled (ok lots of times).

20. Figtree3

I should have cropped them all from the original. I just started doing that and accidentally saved the edits in the master I was using after number 10. So 11 and 12 are a little small.

Starting with the back row, and going from our left to right, here they are.

Chorus girls and man01.jpg

Chorus girls and man02.jpg

Chorus girls and man03.jpg

Chorus girls and man04.jpg

Chorus girls and man05.jpg

Chorus girls and man06.jpg

The rest in next post...

Draft saved Draft deleted