Featured Just a couple of things to share. Lantern and a window!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by KSW, Jun 6, 2020.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

No questions as such, just sharing as so exciting to get out and find some treasures at a car boot sale again!.
    A cool Kenyon 1964 lantern that Mr KSW is going to refurb and a lovely architectural window that is going into the shepherds hut shaped workshop he is building for me!. Needs stripping and a small weld but I think it's going to look lovely. Looking into getting some stained glass panes for it.
    :happy:

F01B5F92-7201-4D4D-98C5-FB3EB9A247D2.JPG 3D4C9702-8FA3-4CC9-BD03-E20B40C7AA49.JPG 851BF260-B87E-4143-99EC-318013875A7B.JPG 1CDFB7EF-A63F-4ED0-8BFB-00266E643412.JPG 0DCE94A9-D097-4C12-9101-7224746ACB5B.JPG BF565391-4636-405E-8CCF-5D27BE9141E7.JPG

2. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Waahh! Super exciting!
    Lucky you! Nice finds, and I'd be over the moon to have a "shepherds hut shaped workshop" built by my man:woot: (But I suspect hairy spiders who live in the lawn mower's shed would invade it too:nailbiting::eek:;))

3. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I can't lie, I am SO excited!. It's been a major job as the garden drops 10ft down in about 20ft across so the supports on one side are very long. I'll take a pic when it's done. Mainly been fuelled by the frustration of two adults and two rapidly growing children in a very small bungalow so I needed a space. Whether it stays my space will remain to be seen!. I'm trying to use reclaimed materials where I can.

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Nice Finds!
    Be Honest, you need a bigger hiding spot, for your goodies! ;)
    Sounds exciting, can’t wait to see!

5. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

You forget your dark closet as YOUR space...:hilarious:

6. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Very cool. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

7. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Having a specially built dark closet sounds a bit dodgy but there will have to be one!.

Thankyou. Don't hold your breath but hopefully in the next month I'll have some pics.

8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Too right!. Just don't tell OH my plans for Hoard Expansion:muted::bag:.
    Just hope he's put solid foundations in.......

9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Wow, that sounds great, you lucky girl! If we ever make it across the Channel in scouts' amphicar we have to come and see the result.;)
    But with corona delay, and because we will probably get lost in Belgium, you will have to show us photos first.:) Of the dark closet too, of course.:D

KSW, kyratango and i need help like this.
  10. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I'll look forwards to the visit and dust off the best China!. I'm not looking forwards to OH climbing on the roof to bolt it down but I am looking forwards to cupboards, shelves and a work surface that means I can have a place for everything and don't have to put away a project the moment someone needs feeding. I can get the sewing machine out of the loft and store all paperwork and the kids craft stuff out there.

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted